The two-time English University National Champion Lawrence Okolie only came to boxing at the age of 17, but quickly established himself as a skilful heavyweight by taking third place at his first international competition, the 2015 Tammer Tournament. Joining the British Lionhearts for Season VI, Okolie’s win over USA Knockouts’ Cam F. Awesome was part of a crucial away win for the side as they got the season off to a brilliant start from which they have never looked back. The big-hitting Londoner followed that with a TKO against Mexico’s Jared Barraza, and took that confidence to Turkey for the AIBA Olympic Qualifier, where he beat Paul Biongolo in the final to take gold and a place at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- 2016 – AIBA European Olympic Qualification Event (Samsun, TUR) 1st place – 91KG Won against Paul Omba Biongolo (FRA) WO in the final; Won against Abdulkadir Abdullayev (AZE) 3:0 in the semi-final; Won against Seyda Keser (TUR) 3:0 in the quarter-final; Won against Roy Korving (NED) 2:1 in the second preliminary round; Won against Cristian Constantinov (MDA) TKO 1st round in the first preliminary round
- 2016 – Chemistry Cup (Halle, GER) 7th place – 91KG Lost to Igor Teziev (GER) 2:1 in the quarter-final
- 2016 – World Series of Boxing Season 2016 6th Round – 91KG Won against Jared Barraza (MEX) TKO 1st round
- 2016 – World Series of Boxing Season 2016 2nd Round – 91KG Won against Cam F. Awesome (USA) 2:1
- 2015 – Tammer Tournament (Tampere, FIN) 3rd place – 91KG Lost to Rakhman Alzhanov (KAZ) WO in the semi-final; Won against Kevin Melhus (NOR) 3:0 in the quarter-final
- 2015 – English University National Championships 1st place – 91KG
- 2014 – English University National Championships 1st place – 91KG